Wednesday, April 20, 2011

5 Min Beauty!

Q+ A TIME! 


When I only have 5 minutes to get ready, what are the essential products I should choose out of my jammed packed makeup bag? I always try to pick a couple of products to use but end up taking forever and it makes me late! 

- Journey Junee Filkosky Mahanke



Hi Journey!

Here are my favorite go-to products that offer up a natural, fresh and  pulled together look when time for makeup is limited:

Tinted Moisturizer- I LOVE a good tinted moisturizer because they keep your skin looking healthy not "makeup"y" by depositing enough pigment to even out your skin tone and boosting its hydration.  As a bonus, most of them also offer SPF protection so it's basically a 3-in-1 product which definitely saves you some time. Some of my favorites are from Laura Mercier and Stila because they really do a great job of delivering moister with sheer coverage (that you can layer nicely if you desire more) and have awesome staying power. 

Mascara- This is my "desert island" product! I always, always, ALWAYS have mascara on (even when I surf or workout!) because it really wakes up the face with not much effort. Dior Show is a staple as well as Too Faced- Lash Injection. These mascaras really put on a show by giving you volume, length, and curl. I never leave home with out them!

Blush/Bronzer- Take your pick but definitely choose one. Bronzer is great for bringing nice dimension to your face and giving off a sun kissed look. Nars is a one-stop-shop for both bronzer and blush (I love the multiples!) Blush is a product that so many women shy away from but it can be the bridging product between looking dull or looking fresh.  Brands like Tarte and Smashbox make powder blushes that blend beautifully and also give off a slight shimmer (not glitter) to bring out a gorgeous glow. Just remember that less is ALWAYS more and especially with color on the face!

Lips- The finishing touch! The most important element to bringing out the best in your lips is to HYDRATE them. Fresh makes a killer lip conditioner that smells SO good and also offers SPF. Once your lips are conditioned work your favorite gloss, stain or lipstick on them depending on what kind of finish you want.

Using these products should help to give you a natural, radiant look and  allow you to NOT be late anymore ;) 

 XxRxX


(makeup by Roxy)

No comments:

Post a Comment